Adsense HTML/JavaScript

Monday, November 23, 2020

ESP32-S2 dev. board: ESP32-S2-Saola-1 and nanoESP32-S2

ESP32-S2 is a highly integrated, low-power, single-core Wi-Fi Microcontroller SoC, designed to be secure and cost-effective, with a high performance and a rich set of IO capabilities. They are an ideal choice for a wide variety of application scenarios relating to the Internet of Things (IoT), wearable electronics and smart home. (ref: https://www.espressif.com/en/products/socs/esp32-s2)

Currently, it have 6 modules include:

My boards with ESP32-S2 Module: ESP32-S2-Saola-1 and nanoESP32-S2



My ESP32-S2-Saola-1 (with ESP32-S2-WROVER module):




ESP32-S2-Saola-1 is a small-sized ESP32-S2 based development board produced by Espressif.

It currently support:

WROOM: no PSRAM
WROVER: with PSRAM
-I: IPEX Antenna
without -I: PCB Antenna

My unit have ESP32-S2-WROVER (PCB Antenna, with PSRAM) module.


My nanoESP32-S2 (with ESP32-S2-WROVER-I module):




nanoESP32-S2 is another development board of ESP32-S2 produced by museLab. It support the four modules also, ESP32-S2-WROVER, ESP32-S2-WROVER-I, ESP32-S2-WROOM and ESP32-S2-WROOM-I.

One advantage of this board is it have a extra USB port (marked "esp32"), connect to ESP32-S2 chip directly. It is more easy to develop using CircuitPython.

My unit come with ESP32-S2-WROVER-I module (IPEX Antenna, with PSRAM) module.


Next:



1 comment: